Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Dinner Night

So Jenn M and I have dinner together on Tuesday nights, and we switch off who cooks. This week was my turn and it was Enchiladas Verdes (that's enchiladas w/ green sauce). It was pretty good, but a little bland. The enchiladas were filled with pinto beans and onions and garlic, then covered in green salsa and cheese. It was pretty good, but a little bland. I think if I made it again I would put in a little salt, use more sauce and added some jalepenos.

Jenn and I have been doing these dinner nights since January I think, and I've really been enjoying them. It's nice to have someone to experiment in the kitchen with, and someone who's not afraid of vegetarian food. I think a lot of people are afraid of vegetarian food because they think it's all tofu, which it's not, and tofu is actually good if you have the patience to cook it correctly. If anyone wants to know how to cook it properly, let me know. I'm all about it.

People always ask me "You don't eat meat? What do you eat?" Pretty much everything else. There are so many other options out there. I can see how in this country, and the way that people are raised, it may seem like a diet without meat would be minimal, but trust me, I'm never starving, and I truly enjoy the food that I eat.

No comments: