Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Help me OVBC members

For some reason I had a flashback of a scene from a novel I read some time ago, but I can't remember where it's from. It involves a man, a father, who gets a phone call late at night from a little boy who thinks he's calling a radio station. The man answers the phone and pretends to be from the radio station and tells the boy that he won the contest and his prize is free oranges. The next day the man takes the oranges to the little boys house. I'm a little fuzzy on what happens next, I know that the little boys mom comes home and the man goes into her house and bla bla bla. The man is not a pedophile or anything, he just really wanted to do something nice for someone. Man I really can NOT remember where this came from. I really hope that I'm not making it up completely.

Anybody have any idea what book this is from?

4 comments:

girlysmack said...

Sorry. Not ringing a bell here.

CindyLou said...

I was talking to Aaron about this earlier and he seems to think it's from a movie with Robin Williams, but I think he's totally wrong.

Retainer Girl said...

I have no idea...did you try Googling some of the key words?

BlondeJustice said...

Got me.