Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I hate Xmas Carols

I don't understand why they have to be played for a whole freakin month! Tans-Siberian Orchestra is CRAP! That's right, I said it.

Aaron's mom has been playing Xmas music since BEFORE Thanksgiving even - Dolly Parton Christmas, CRAP - Trans Siberian Orchestra, CRAP - other generic Xmas music, CRAP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no grinch. I like the holidays just as much as anyone, the lights, the shopping, the food, the spending time with friends and family, the presents, all of it. If Xmas music was only playing for like one week before the actual holiday, I might actually enjoy it. But no, someone got the bright idea that it should be played for the whole month between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and whoever that was, I DON'T wish them a Merry Christmas. For real.

The only radio station that I can actually receive inside the steel coffin called my office building is 95.9 fm, which is the oldies station (which is somewhat annoying all on it's own) and that particular station is playing nothing but Christmas music between now and Christmas. So now I have to decide what to do - sit in silence all day (which sucks) or play Christmas music all day. Both options have a very high probability of driving me to the looney bin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I *love* Christmas, but I'm not a huge fan of the music. I don't enjoy the fact that the radio stations play non-stop holiday music for an entire month. They should mix it up with regular music so it would be more tolerable.

Roxanna said...

Yeah I hate Xmas cariols haha

BlondeJustice said...

You are all a bunch of Scrooges! However, I don't enjoy Christmas music before Thanksgiving.