Thursday, October 2, 2008

Updates

So, I've decided to get "back on track" so to speak on my weight loss journey. I started posting on my other blog again detailing my ups and downs. Ugh. I've been doing well since I started over again, one week ago! Lol, I have faith that I will keep up with it this time. I had a rude awakening when I stepped on the scale last Friday and saw how much weight I had really put on! Eek, freaky!!!

The new medicine seems to really be helping me out. I feel more clear-headed and somewhat optimistic about life. Although, considering the situation our country is in, I don't know if I really have the right to feel that way. I absolutely DREAD the idea of a McCain/Palin administration, something that unfortunately is not out of the question as of right now. I hope and pray that it doesn't happen, but unfortunately there are people out there who don't see it the way I do. The consequences of McCain being our next president are dire. DIRE. We can not have 4 more years of the same crap that got us into this crazy mess we are in right now.

Ok, went off on a tangent there. I don't think I can clearly express how frightened I am of McCain though. It shakes my bones.

Aaron and I have been discussing moving. Not any time too soon. Probably within the next year or so. Possible we might even move to Chicago, which, even though I hate the winters there, I would love being back in my hometown. Now that I've been away for a few years and have been able to grow up a little, I think I could live there and not fall back into the same self-destructive behaviors I had before I left. Aaron's "baby mama's" (for lack of a better term) husband has a job offer for a place in Illinois somewhere and Aaron would like to be near his son. Who knows, it's still a long way away.

I've been working a lot lately and I really need a vacation, but I'm totally broke because everything is so damn expensive now. I swear $100 worth of groceries used to last a lot longer than it does now. Whatevs, it could be worse I guess.

1 comment:

BlondeJustice said...

Good for you gettin back on track. :D