Monday, June 2, 2008

New Blog and a New New Recipe!

So I started a "weight loss" blog, you can visit it here

I've been annoyed with myself for not sticking to it better about being healthier and losing the last 30 lbs that I want to lose. So the new blog is meant for me to talk about the struggles I've been having and also talk about some of the successes I hope to have. So there ya go, go ahead and read if you want!

Also, a new recipe which I have to say is one of my FAVORITES that I've made in a while. Even though it's healthy and fairly low-cal, the delicious-ness of this recipe make it DANGEROUS!

Tabbouleh with Mint and Pistachios
  • 1/4 cup fine bulgur
  • 3 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp. honey
  • 1 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
  • 1 cup finely chopped curly parsley
  • 1 small cucumber, finely chopped (1 cup)
  • 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
  • 4 green onions, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
  • 3 Tbs. olive oil

  1. Place bulgur in large bowl and add 1/3 cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and honey, and let stand 5 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff bulgur with fork, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 6.

Nutritional Information

Per SERVING:

Calories 137
Protein 3g
Total fat 10.5g
Carbs 10g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 107mg
Fiber 3g
Sugars 2g

This recipe was in my April issue of Vegetarian Times magazine, which is AWESOME. Although I have to tell anyone trying the make this that it takes a while for the bulgar to absorb all the liquid and I would suggest putting a large plate over the bowl to let it steam and keep the heat in.


No comments: