Sunday, June 1, 2008

Recipe Time!

This recipe got me through the broke years while I was in college a living with my broke-ass ex-boyfriend (he was my boyfriend at the time though).

Super Quick & Easy Beans & Rice

3 cups white rice (standard rice cooking technique: 1 part rice to 2 parts water, or if you want to get fancy, you can add a boullion cube to it for extra flavor)
2 cans of beans (any kind really, I prefer one can pinto, one can black) drain and rinse
1 can of corn
1 16oz jar salsa (I prefer Pace, although any brand will do)

Mix it all together and you have dinner for yourself all week long. The ingredients on this list are probably less than $10 depending on the brands of things you end up buying. It's super filling, and nutritious as well.

This is a fallback recipe for me whenever I'm running low on cash, or whenever I'm in the mood for comfort food. Hope you all enjoy!

No comments: