Thursday, October 25, 2007

Monster Zit From Hell

So Tuesday I noticed I was starting to get one of those obnoxious zits that sits under the skin and just pulses with pain, sucky. So, I grabbed a wash cloth, and soaked it in hot water and applied to my face, so the zit would come to the surface. I swear I didn't try to pop it because I know what happens when you do that... But anyway, I put the hot compress on it, and I put a little spot treatment on it - basically a little dab of the mint julep mask I usually use on my face and then after washing it off I dabbed a little tea tree oil on it. Well, in the morning it was HUUUUUGE, and red and swollen and nasty looking. :( Today it doesn't look much better. Sucks to be female and get those stupid monthly breakouts. I'm also a little worried that instead of a zit I have the super strain of staph infection that is going around the state right now, that's how they say it starts - with a pimple. How lame is that?

Washing your hands regularly is the best way to prevent the spread of staph infection, just remember that.

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I feel your pain. I woke up this morning with an explosion of Aunt Flo-inspired breakouts on my face and chest. I swear hormone-induced pimples are immune to normal zit cream.