Thursday, October 4, 2007

Today is Thursday

Which means that tomorrow is Friday, and that's just awesome-ness. I'm listening to the oldies station in my office because, since the building is basically a big steel coffin, it's the only station that I can get on the radio and I just hate sitting in silence. They are playing that Carly Stevens (?) song "You're so Vain" song. Hahaha, that song always makes me laugh.

Anyway, I'm just going to ramble here so bear with me. I think I may have PMDD, or maybe just seasonal depression. I find myself getting ridiculously tearful lately, like when Aaron and I were watching Meerkat Manor the other day and Flower (the dominant female of the 'Whiskers' family) died of a fatal snake bite to the face, I totally lost it like a little girl. Aaron laughed at me. I also sleep a LOT lately, which sucks sometimes because I don't mean to, but I just sit on the couch for like, 10 minutes and I'm out for 3 hours, and then I can't get to sleep later when I actually want to. The reason I think it might be PMDD instead of regular depression though is because my boobs are soooooooooooo sore all the time, and that really really sucks. I need to go to the doctor but I hate my gynecologist and I need to find a new one, but I have no idea who to go to. If anybody who reads this blogs knows of a good ob/gyn in the Fredericksburg area, I would love a recomendation.

The woman I was seeing is just not very nice (not that I expect a doctor to be nice, but at least compassionate would be nice). Last time I saw, I was having a problem and she just didn't want to discuss it with me, she rushed me in and out and told me I needed to lose weight, and that was that. I tried explaining to her about my family history of gynecological cancers and she was all "cervical cancer is not genetic, yada yada yada". Just a whole bunch of other stuff and I don't like the way she talks to me and makes me feel and I just don't want to deal with her anymore. So yeah, I need a new doc.

I also have a history of depression, which is why I am sort of considering going back on meds, because I always get super depressed during the winter, and I just don't want to have another winter like that anymore. I would like to enjoy my life and not spend it crying and sleeping and eating and feeling sorry for myself. Meow meow meow.

4 comments:

Roxanna said...

I know that Shannon M. really likes her doc I don't know her name but I am sure if you ask her she could tell you. Also you are smart to recognize the signs that you are going down a path that is not going to lead you to happiness. If you ever need some one to talk to you can always call me.

Jenn M said...

Are you sure your not pregnant? I mean.. just because you get your period doesn't mean your not knocked up? lol.. -not funny, I know.

I go to Dr. Zeenat Patel - she is young, quick, cool and easy to talk to. I like her the best out of anyone. She is in Mary Washington Hospital..so she is close too.

Don't be blue.. if you want to hang out.. all you have to do is finally agree to go with me to DC on Friday.. since Roxanna can't.. because she is going midnight grocery shopping and knitting all night.
Gosh I love you ladies.. :)

BlondeJustice said...

Carly Simon :)

girlysmack said...

Dr. Joon Kil is the best freakin' ob/gyn in the history of the world. No exaggeration. I have had some horrible doctors. He is an older, fatherly Asian man and he is so calm. I was manic during my pregnancies because I had had a miscarriage the first time, and he would always listen to all of my (sometimes bizarre) worries and he was always so calm and always saying everything was awesome, beautiful, perfect... My husband loved going to all of our prenatal visits, so you know he must be a good doctor!

Jenn's doctor is at the same office as mine. The staff there is so awesome.

It does sound like pregnancy (haha, sorry!) but I say if you need meds, go back on 'em. At least through the winter, if that's all you think it is. But you also have been working like crazy so that might be why you're so tired, too...